Did you know that it’s more difficult and expensive to get new clients than to keep and retain current ones? Your goal should be to schedule or sell every new client before they leave the building. The best way to do this is to WOW them with the BEST nail service they’ve ever had and then offer and incentive. You can learn tips how how to offer the best service here How To Make Money As A Manicurist.
Examples of incentives to verbalize to clients:
- “You will get $5 off your next pedicure if you book it before you leave today”
- “You will get Free Shellac removal if you book your next manicure before you leave today”
- “You will get 10% off your next appointment if you schedule it before you leave today”
Followed by closing the deal:
- “Would you like for me to set that up for you today?”
- “Would you like for me to check the schedule for you?”
If you prefer not to offer a discount or added free service try these:
- “You will need to return in two weeks to have this re-shellaced. Be sure to schedule before you leave today because the schedule fills up very fast. If your nails go beyond two weeks, the shellac may begin to crack and destroy the nails underneath.”
- “You need to come back in about a month to keep your feet smooth be sure to schedule that before you leave because space fills up fast.”
- “I would love to see you again soon, be sure to schedule your next appointment before you leave today because it fills up fast”
An even better method is to get them to prepay and schedule a service:
- Since clients gave you their hard earned cash they are more likely to return
- Offer a discount or added service if they purchase now
- It may be a good idea to put a time line on the deal to balance out your books and encourage clients to return quickly. However, you cannot have the amount paid expire. For example, the client pays $80 for two pedicures which are normally $100. They have 6 months to use them or the discount is eliminated. After the 6 months, they will be able to use it for the monetary value of $80 toward any full priced service.
Get clients to come in 3 times and they’re yours for life!
- This goes along with selling gift certificate specials before they leave. Sell them discounted services only if they purchase 3 or more of the same service.
- If your goal is to have them purchase before they leave, DO NOT allow them to purchase after they leave. Guaranteed, they will never come back to purchase it. I’ve had clients say things like, “not today” or “I’ll think about it” then I stress how they can only purchase this discount today because it’s for new clients only. When I offer this deal 90% of the time clients will purchase and come back again.